Wednesday, October 1, 2008

That's a Good Cup of Joe!

I have made a large purchase...I know...totally unlike me! For those of you who have never gone shopping with me, you may not know that I am more than frugal. If an article of clothing costs more than two dollars, you can almost bet it stays on the shelf. Shoes may stand a chance of purchase if they cost five or less. I don't just pinch pennies, I jump up and down on them! So for me, the $23 I spent yesterday is a HUGE purchase! Why the sudden splurge? September is our hardest month of the year financially. Everything is due then! So since September the 8th, we have spent NO money except for gas and perishables (milk, bread). So yesterday after depositing the hubby's paycheck and getting out enough to buy "Ironman" for him, I decided it might be okay for me to get something too. After you stretch a dollar for so long, sometimes you just need a little splurge! What did I buy? A coffeemaker! I know, not a huge deal for most folks, but for me...YES! Something about the smell of brewing coffee in the house makes me feel like an adult! Furthermore, since joining Weight Watchers, a sugar-free, fat free cappuccino is sheer heaven in a cup! Since yesterdays splurge I have enjoyed not one, not two, but three 20 oz. mugs of the good stuff! It feels like I'm being wickedly sinful without actually costing me any points! Shangri La! As I take my final sip, I must reiterate, that's a good, good cup of Joe!

6 comments:

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

LOL!!!! you always make me laugh!

Good for you to get the coffee maker! Good for me when I come to visit!

PS...did you actually watch Ironman yet?

the hero formerly known as super said...

congrats on that huge purchase! and it's the gift that keeps on giving!

Jennifer said...

Have you entered the world of coupon clipping yet? There is a whole online community for it. You don't even have to figure out your own deals. You can find a site for just about every store and they will tell you what coupons from where will save you how much. It's great. I've started at Walgreen's and am anticipating the new Publix we are getting at the end of the month. I'll give you a couple of links...

http://frugalisfab.blogspot.com/
http://fiddledeedeeblog.blogspot.com/

Nancy Hood said...

sometimes all it takes just a little to keep us happy forever :)

Mama said...

Also there is www.couponmom.com if you aren't already familiar...

But still I need some tips from you...where are you finding shoes for $5????

Mandy Mc said...

Such a great post. Congrats on your new coffee maker!