Friday, May 23, 2008

My Cup Overfloweth

Children, Children,. everywhere! We have a neighborhood full of them! And I think it's a great thing (i.e. my earlier post "I Love Lucy Kind of Hood"). But today, we had two girls, who we've never seen before, come into our house to play with our children for over two hours. Hello...Mother, Father, Aunt, Cousin...is there any family member out there who knows or cares where these babies are? And I do mean babies...one of them was about Rachael's age! Is this scary to anyone else but me? And may I also say that the blue playdoh in my carpet and the pen drawings on my wall did not quite concern me as much as the lack of parental care. Okay, I just needed to vent! Our house has become quite the hangout for the youngsters...all 11 in the 'hood...not counting the two infants...lots of children are good...but where the heck are all the parents?!?!?!

2 comments:

ExistentialRabbit said...

The parents saw you coming. You're the latest cheap babysitter. You've been HAD!

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Hey friend...it has been too long since your last post! And in other much more exciting news, I get to see you in less than 2 weeks!!