Monday, May 19, 2008

A Rare Moment

Wow...quiet house. Children playing sweetly in their room. Dog not biting anyone. Children not biting dog. What to do?

So my friend's post has gotten me to thinking...dangerous I know...if you could have any job what would it be? I had an answer, an immediate answer, but an inconvenient answer. So when you have a family, should you just trudge through financially and try to wait until the kids are old enough for you to pursue your dream job, or should you just choose an alternate course...one that you will like, but is maybe not your dream? Thoughts, anyone?

My husband swears we'll make a million if I just start writing children's books...though I'm thinking it would be harder to market those than he thinks...

Friends...I need your thoughts...Art field or Real Estate (it's the people part I think I would like in this field).

3 comments:

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

I think we should write children's books together...and you could illustrate! (It's so funny that you mentioned that...I jotted down another book idea over the weekend.)

Seriously...I've come to the conclusion that life is way too short to do something I don't really love to do. And I won't lie...i'm not sure how all of this me having my own music studio is going to pay the bills yet...but at least the first step has been taken.

I do know this...I haven't seen you as excited about something in a while as you have been about teaching pottery.

Sheri said...

I do love teaching pottery...but it doesn't pay the bills. It helps, but as far as a career path, there are so FEW jobs out there. Plus, I'd have to commute to UA from here, and that's a long way! Then there's the whole getting accepted thing...it's just a whole lot of work for something that has an extremely small opportunity base afterwards. Maybe we should do children's books together! I like that idea!

Laura Forman said...

I am liking the children's book idea...I would read them to Sadie if you did it :)