Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Pride Cometh Before the....WHOOPS!!!

I must confess. Admitting is the first step to healing, right! I have a shoe addiction. When my babes were born I gave up my addiction to afford things like diapers, clothes, wipes. And having been born with ski boats instead of feet, one must do what one can to at least make the enormous pontoons easy on the eye!

So I found them! On Amazon...with FREE shipping! And they had a heel, but not too much. And it was thick so I thought, "Hey! I could walk in these!" Furthermore they were normally $65 and were on sale in a size 12w for only $15.99! They had to be mine!

I waited with baited breath. Yesterday the doorbell rang and my husband rounded the corner with a box in tow. My eyes sparkled. Saliva dripped to the floor. And an anxious giggle protruded from my voice box! They had arrived! I opened my glorious package to find this:



And they fit my big foot! Naturally I proceeded to strut into the living room to announce my reign as the returning queen of all fabulous footwear. Nose high in the air I called everyone to attention. A shoe this good must be shown a proper amount of respect. As I skillfully leaned to the side to show off my new favorite thing, and to command at least one "ooh" or "ahh" from my hubby, a stab of guilt from my pride invaded my ankle. All it took was one good twist and I went from showcasing the black and white beauty to sporting this:



So unfortunately, during this holiday season, instead of my new shoes, I will be groovin' in the yellow crocs with a big, blue bag hanging off my ankle. Tis the season. :)

5 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

bless your heart!! I hope it's all better by Sunday so you can showcase your Christmas finery on the outside of your heart!

ExistentialRabbit said...

Ah, but they're lovely shoes, nonetheless. Next time be more subtle about showing off and the footwear gods might not smite you.

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Oh no!!! Is it just a sprain??

They are darling shoes by the way!! I LOVE them!

Melissa said...

all i could think while reading was bless your heart. they are really cute shoes, though...at least you can look forwarding to wearing them like it was the first time...again. :o)

Mandy Mc said...

Great story, friend. I love the shoes too!