Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Gallaxhar...

My little man has a good eye. He rarely uses this talent because he thinks his sister doesn't want him to draw. Yes, I know it's sad, and I've tried to rectify the situation...but, alas, he refuses to draw if she is here.

So I am always amazed when he brings home pictures from school. I brag on him to try and encourage his skill. He will tell me about his drawings...but still, no drawing at home is his rule!

He brought home the picture below, and I immediately knew what it was. If you have not seen the movie Monsters vs. Aliens then this might look like a jumbled up mess- but it's not! It's Gallaxhar from the movie! He is not allowed to see the movie, but he got a Happy Meal toy of Gallaxhar last week. TaDa! Here is Thomas' masterpiece:



I am including a still from the movie so you can compare. Sure, his eyes arenot in the right spot...and his legs are on top of his head instead of underneath his body...and the shape of the head is kind of upside-down...but all-in-all, for a 4 year old, I think it's fabulous! After all, he IS my son! ;)

1 comments:

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

I have seen the movie and totally could tell what that was a pic of! Yay for him!!!!