Saturday, September 20, 2008

Being Thankful

I have so much in my life to be thankful for. It's rare that I actually take the time to say it though. This past Wednesday I was so encouraged by a friend I haven't seen in years! She was my English teacher in High School. Her name is Jackie Earnest, and she is a remarkable woman. Nothing is really extraordinary about her to most, but she changed my life. Her constant encouragement and compassion made me believe I might be able to actually succeed in life. In my college years when I found myself in a slump, I could think of her and suddenly I had the energy to refocus and keep going. At my first art show in 2007, I was nervously greeting people and hoping my work would not disappoint when I looked up and saw Mrs. E. with her arms outstretched to embrace me! I can't describe the rush of joy I felt! This is just one example of the kind of impact this woman made in my life. I tell you this story to illustrate how much the Lord takes care of my heart. I was on cloud nine after our lunch meeting and carried that feeling throughout the rest of the day and church that evening. As soon as I walked in the door from church, the phone rang. It was my step-mom calling from the emergency room. Something was wrong with Daddy's heart...

Most all of you are on facebook or get my e-mails. So the rest is history. But I just wanted to share my gratitude this evening; thankful to my God for lifting me up and giving me the constancy of support and love I've always known from Mrs. E. before the storm hit that night. As Heather Little used to say, "Thank, Big G.!"

1 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

Thanks for contacting me! I've come here because I just love blogs :) and can't wait to go back and read all of yours. Yes, I go all the way back to the beginning and play catch up :) although, I CAN tell you I read the 'cutting my hair' part and had to laugh out loud!!! I'm adding you to my blog list :) and would love to be added to yours!