Monday, November 24, 2008

Forgetfulness

I find the more busy I get the easier it is for me to forget to thank God for the little things...I can remember the biggies like family, a roof over our heads, food to eat, good friends. But so often I just enjoy certain things in life without ever expressing my appreciation to God for them.

So *insert drum roll here* without further ado, here's my list of little things I'm grateful for. Dear God, thank You for:
* the smell of a clean towel after a hot shower
* the crackle that comes from the wood in the fireplace when it's lit
* the beautiful aqua color at the bottom of the flame when things get really toasty
* the security of being able to speak Your name to calm my fears
* the warmth of my blanket when I'm going to sleep
* my dog, who makes me smile with his antics
* finally giving someone the genius to put lime in Diet Coke
* ink in my printer finally
* a voice to sing
* friends who don't always believe me when I say I'm doing okay

I know it's a small list, but it's a start...OK, now it's your turn...if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged! :)

1 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

loved reading these :)