Sunday, August 10, 2008

The BIG Day


Tomorrow is the big one...the one I've been thinking about since May 16, 2003. Rachael starts Kindergarten. It's not so much K5 as it is the elapsed time between 2003 and 2008. Furthermore, tomorrow will not be hard because of school, but because tomorrow means high school graduation will come, then college, then maybe grad school, et cetera. Then there's the whole possibility of growing up and meeting a man...YIKES! So friends, as you see, I'm not one of those raving psychotics who is sobbing relentlessly for weeks before K5. I'm just a little teary over how quickly the last 5 years have passed...and also knowing the next 13 years are going to seem just as quick. My little girl is growing up. Wow. So here's to Rach Anne! May she be God's little missionary in our public school system, and may the Lord watch over her tender heart as she is led by people we don't yet know. I'm so glad He loves her even more than I do!

2 comments:

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

Thinking of you and your little kindergartener!

Keep us posted on how things are going!

Oh, and mom and jenny LOVED their pieces you sent them!!!

Mandy Mc said...

It's hard to believe that time can go by so quickly! Thanks for sharing your story with us. And, you can admit that you sobbed; we won't judge you :-)

Also, can you message me your address so that I can mail you the check for the pottery? Thanks!