Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Life Goes On




Well, the BIG day came and went without much fanfare. My girl seems all grown up now and is spending the majority of her day with someone besides me...scarier than I ever imagined. I have to say I catch myself thinking about her and wondering how she's doing many, many times throughout the day. Thomas gets ready to go pick her up about an hour after we drop her off...then an hour after that...and an hour after that! He misses her too. I'm so proud of her for being such a big girl, but, wow, it's a huge change. Already I seem to have so much more time in the day. I think I'm going to be bored next year when Thomas starts. I've forgotten what is was like to be leisurely about anything. I have older friends who have been telling me for years now that I just stay tired because I have little ones, or I'll have a lot more time to clean the house or do whatever when they get a little older. It's so strange because I'm beginning to see how that's true. Very true. I've been soaked into this sponge of motherhood for 5 1/2 years now. I can't imagine having time to myself at all. I've gone from taking my free time for granted to being overjoyed to have no free time (when they're itsy-bitsy babes) to wondering if I'll ever even have time to sleep again to wishing I just had one hour alone to realizing it's not so bad carting them wherever I go to again enjoying their company (when they're not fighting) to realizing I don't have much of their time left to wondering what in the world am I going to do with myself and all this non-kid time!!! And, yes, I know that was worse than the turtle-crossing-the-road-in-the-Grapes-of-Wrath run-on sentence! I ran out of Lexapro a couple of nights ago and just got it refilled...can you tell?!?! Anyway, enjoy the pics of her first day of school!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

This will be random, I know, but what did she take in her backpack?

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

i was curious too!

Sheri said...

NOTHING! I thought it was hilarious, too! But her lunch box does attach to the backpack...and it contained a PB&J, some goldfish, a juice, peaches and a spoon...does that count?