Monday, April 14, 2008

I Love Lucy Kinda 'Hood


Have I mentioned that we live in a fantastic, "too good to be true" type of neighborhood? It's kind of like stepping back into a 1950's era TV sitcom. One Saturday we drove into our cul de sac to find ALL of the kids from every house out side playing kickball with a few of the dads. Every couple of days, our doorbell rings and a skinnier version of Beaver Cleaver asks if Thomas and Rachael can come out to play. And everyone actually waves and smiles as they leave for and return from work. I didn't know this kind of place existed anymore. It's refreshing to know there's still an environment like this for my children to grow up in. The only bad thing is there's not enough empty houses for you all to come and join us! Today, I'm just thanking God for providing us with this blessing. I hope you all can say the same!

0 comments: