Monday, April 14, 2008

Octavius Maximus




We have a new addition to our little family...his name is Octavius Maximus (Max for short) and he is 6 weeks old. Rachael took one look at him and said, "His name is Max!" (Those were the first words out of her mouth, no joke.) Though after getting to know Max a little bit, we realized his small stature did not do him justice. Nooooo...he is indeed large in personality. Hence the addition of further syllables to an otherwise simple name. Aside from the ceaseless howling at night, we have quickly adjusted to having another baby in the home. I must say I'm thankful the human babes came first as the canine babe seems rather easy to care for relatively speaking! But tonight, an Advil PM is already calling my name, and the little dude with the larger than life persona will be enjoying an evening in his luxurious low-rise, one bedroom condominium in the playroom with the door closed... we will also be closing all doors in between, leaving all bathroom fans running and the children's sound machine on full blast. If this does not allow me to rest, tomorrow we shall add all the television sets to that list!

3 comments:

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

He is so cute! How did this new addition come about??

Mandy Mc said...

I love it! He's adorable and I just want to scratch his little head.

That being said, Chad and I are constantly commenting on how we'll be the parents whose children have to beg for an animal before we get one. The shedding just about does us both in. For now, we enjoy his parents' wiener dog on our visits home. We enjoy loving cute furry animals from afar!

Sheri said...

Mash and Mandy Mc--- I'm not sure if I"m supposed to post a reply to your reply on my blog or yours! Anyway, hope you see this! Max came to us through my dad's fiance's daughter's boyfriend's family---how's that for confusing?! :) Mandy, we never thought we'd have a dog either...my hubby can't stand them. However, when Rachael began asking for a chameleon for her birthday, we decided it was time. And do you know how many dog things you can buy for the cost of one 3-inch lizard? About $150 worth of stuff! Not to mention, I feel certain at some point the 3-inch slimey would be liberated from it's cage by two well meaning preschoolers. While having a Slimey loose in the house is not the worst of my fears, it does rank right up there...furthermore, said Slimey does have the ability to morph into any color in our house...this adds to the fear factor. When dwelling upon these thoughts, a little dog fur seemed minor. Hence, Octavius Maximus found a home! Love you guys! Hope you have fun at Mel's wedding! Sheri